Gifts to the Library
Our growing libraries are stocked entirely through donations from generous parents and friends of Founders Classical Academy. The library accepts donated books that are in good condition, add value to the library’s collection, and support the mission of the school. We ask that you allow us to determine the item’s suitability for our collection. Donated items may be added to the library collection, distributed to a classroom library, donated elsewhere, or discarded. Please bring all donations to the school’s main office.
Library Wish Lists
Please click below to see a list of books we are currently seeking and order online. Your donation can be shipped directly to the school.
Birthday Book Club
The Birthday Book Club is a fundraiser to build our school library collection and to honor the students of FCA. It is a way for students to help our libraries grow by contributing something permanent to the collection.
How it works:
- Parents can choose to donate a book to the library in their child’s name in honor of his or her birthday.
- With their child, parents can purchase any book from the Amazon Wish List (links are above) that they would like to donate. There are many titles on the wish list, and more will be added periodically throughout the year.
- During the purchase, when prompted to add a gift message, please include the child’s full name.
- The book will be shipped to FCA.
- After the book is catalogued, a donation bookplate will be added to the book and it will be placed on the shelf.
- The donating student will have the opportunity to check out the book first.
If your child has a summer birthday, feel free to honor their half birthday!
If you would like to donate a specific book that you do not see on the wish list, please e-mail Ms. O’Herron with the book title and author prior to donating it in honor of your child.
Please review the library policies for information about our students’ use of the libraries, weeding and adding to our collection, and how to request reconsideration of a book in the libraries.
© 2017 ResponsiveEd.