Teacher Favorite Things
If you are looking for something special for your teacher, please take a look at Jupiter for a list of their "Favorite Things". You can find this information on the Materials tab - choose School Office > General Information.
Calling Orchestra students! Keep Calm and Get a Bow t-shirts are on sale now through our spirit store. Shirts go on sale Tuesday, October 8-15 for only $15. This special shirt can be worn on spirit days and for PE.
Tours for Prospective Families
If you have friends that are interested in touring our school and learning more about us, please have them visit our website and sign up for our tour: Enrollment Tours. Tours are given weekly on Wednesdays from 9:00-10:30am.
The Write-a-Check Campaign is the largest fundraiser for our school. Here are the answers to the many questions our families ask:
- What is it? You don't have to sell anything. Simply write a check, pledge a monthly gift, give online, ask friends and family to donate and have your employer match your donation. It's that simple!
- When does this happen? The campaign runs from Friday, October 11 to Thursday, October 31. Donations may be made all year long.
- How does the money get used? Last year, half of the donations went directly to our faculty. Funds were also spent on classroom and program needs. Click here for a detailed list.
- I love this school! Can I help? Yes! We need help from adults and students to promote the campaign. Click here to volunteer.
- Where can I find updates? Please follow our website and Facebook page for updates.
- My question isn't here. Where do I find more answers? Please download this FAQ flier for more answers!
Product Label Fundraiser Update
Thank you for sending in your product labels on September 19, 2019. We collected a total of 1,252 in combined product labels! Congratulations to Mrs. Pompa’s 3rd Grade Class for collecting the most labels - 233 in Box Tops! This class will receive the Product Label Trophy and a special food treat!
The next Product Label collection at school will be October 17, 2019. Thank you for your support of this ongoing program!
PLEASE NOTE: There has been a recent change in the Box Tops for Education program. Box Tops are SWITCHING over to the Box Tops Mobile App. This mobile app is the new way of submitting Box Tops. Simply download the Box Tops for Education Mobile App, create an account & select our school, Founders Classical Academy - LEANDER. If you already have an existing Box Tops App account, please verify that Founders Classical Academy – Leander is listed for the school. Once you have your account set up, simply log into your account and select qualifying products that you have purchased at local stores and/or on-line. Also follow instructions on products labeled Box Tops Scan and Earn that MAY NOT show up in the Box Top App.
Grammar School Assemblies
We would like to remind our parents that Grammar School assemblies begin at 7:50am and All School assemblies begin at 8:00am after attendance has been taken. Our next All School Assembly is this Wednesday, October 2. The the Grammar assemblies for the month of October are the 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th. Please mark your calendars accordingly.
Free & Reduced Lunch
If your family qualifies for Free & Reduced Lunch, please click here to complete the online application. This application needs to be completed every year. The link can also be found in Jupiter under School Office/General Forms.
Our volunteers have been very busy since before school started! In August, volunteers logged 240 hours and so far in September 230 hours have been recorded. Please check the Campus Volunteer Opportunities often if you have time during the school day. Additional volunteer jobs are set by date and event. Here is a list of upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- October 11: Pizza Friday
- October 11-31: Write-A-Check Campaign
- October 12: Homecoming Dance
- October 21: Teacher Appreciation
- October 25: Fall Festival
Yearbooks are on sale now for $25 through mid November. You can purchase yours today at www.balfour.com. Senior ads are also available and you receive a FREE yearbook with purchase of an ad! Email Mrs. Solorzano for details.
Amazon School Rewards
For every purchase on Amazon.com using our campus website link, our school will receive a donation of 6-10% of your purchase. Please click here or on the Amazon button before you begin shopping. Bookmark the link so every Amazon purchase gives back to our school. You may also share the link with family and friends. Thank you for your support of Founders Leander!
- Academic Resources for Parents
- From the Headmaster's Desk Blog
- School Lunches
- Hillsdale College Online Courses (Learn & Earn Archer Hours)
- Archers in Action Archive
House PointsUpdated 9/30/19
- Shakespeare - 183
- Newton - 165
- Beethoven - 161
- Herodotus - 155
- Euclid - 154
- Da Vinci - 145
Q1 House Meeting Dates and R&R Weekends
- August 16 (not R&R)
- August 30
- September 13
- September 27
- October 11
Q1 Spirit Friday Dates
- August 23
- September 6
- October 11
Events & Announcements
- 10/11 Lunch session for students: Dr. E. Dempsey UT Jefferson Center - Students, please grab your lunch (it's Pizza Friday) then join Dr. Erik Dempsey in Room B308 (Ms. Hamm's room) where Dr. Dempsey will give a brief overview of the UT Jefferson Scholars program, and answer questions. We will be hosting Dr. Dempsey again at an evening event that will include a UT admissions representative (date and time TBD). Parents, please plan on joining us for the evening event. Friday's lunch session is for students only.
- 10/22 7:00 PM High School to College, An Overview of College Admissions - Parents and students, please join us for a presentation detailing the college admissions process - what you should be doing when, and suggestions for how to do it! Presented by Kendall Guess, owner and founder of Path to Admissions - an independent college counseling service. All grade levels are welcome, but the presentation is geared toward Sophomores and Juniors. You must RSVP HERE
- Seniors - Please bring your check to the office for your senior fee by November 1. Please contact Mrs. McCarthy if you have questions or concerns regarding the fee. Instructions on CPR training were sent via Jupiter. Please complete your training if you have not already done so.
- Juniors and Sophomores - Please review your PSAT Student Guide (supplied by your house mentor) in preparation of the official PSAT which will be given at school on October 16.
- 10/1 @ 7:00 pm - Kipp Austin - Emory U., Johns Hopkins U., University of Notre Dame, Washington University in St. Louis. Info session with time to speak with reps. following the presentations.
- 10/20 @ 1:00-3:00 pm - NACAC Performing and Visual Arts College Fair @ St. Edwards University
College Admissions Rep visits during study hall
- 10/18 Drake University
- 10/23 Hillsdale College
- 11/6 Belmont Abbey College
- Stay tuned for more rep visits!
SAT/ACT Test Dates
*School Day SAT at Founders. All other tests are administered at other locations.
Go to collegeboard.org or act.org to register for tests.
October 7-11, Homecoming Spirit Week
All Decked Out for Homecoming! 6th-12th grade students can participate in Homecoming Spirit Week and Grammar students (K-5th) may participate on Friday by wearing their spirit wear with regular uniform bottoms. Here is the lineup:
- Matching Monday - Come dressed like a friend or two or three!
- Tropical Tuesday - Wear your hawiian shirts and leis! (no flip flops please)
- Wild West Wednesday - Boots and buckles and everything in between! (no weapons please)
- Throwback Thursday - Come in your poodle skirts to tie-dye shirts.
- Spirit Wear Friday - Spirit Wear, FCA Archer Jerseys or a new HoCo t-shirt. Don't forget your mum!
Please use discretion and the standard dress code guidelines when dressing up this week. We look forward to seeing your creativity!
Homecoming Spirit shirts are on sale during upper school lunch September 30-October 3 for only $10.
We will have our first pep rally at the end of the day on Friday, October 11 in the building 1 gym. Volleyball games vs. Great Hearts Monte Vista will begin at 5:00 with JV and Varsity at 6:00. Falcons Tackle Football vs. McDade starts at 7:30 at Wilco Park. Let's show our Archer Pride!
October 8, Trunk or Treat Parent Meeting
There will be a meeting for grammar parents who are involved in the Trunk or Treat event at Fall Festival on Tuesday, October 8 at 8:00am in the building 3 cafeteria. We will discuss the guidelines, games and logistics for this event. It would be very helpful if a representative from each grammar class (K-5th) attend this meeting.
October 8, Fall Orchestra Concert
Join us on Tuesday, October 8 at 7:00 p.m. in the Gym for our first Orchestra Program concert of the school year! The concert will highlight our 6th grade orchestra, 7th grade orchestra, 8th grade orchestra, and High School orchestra. Lots of great music from a wide variety of styles and it's free to attend!
October 11, Write-A-Check Campaign Begins
The Write-A-Check campaign will run from October 11-31. We encourage you to participate in 3 ways. First, write a check to "Archers Council", give online through the QR code on our web page, or pledge monthly gifts through Bill Pay. Second, invite extended family and friends to invest in your student's education. And third, inquire about your company's charitable matching program. With a little effort a donation can be doubled!
More information and the QR code can be found on our website: Archers Council WAC
October 12, Homecoming Dance: Casino Night
The House of Shakespeare will host our first dance of the year on Saturday, October 12 at 7:00-10:00 (Please note the time is different on the tickets). Our Homecoming Dance theme is Casino Night and the dress is semi formal. 7th-12th grade students are invited for an evening of games and dancing. Tickets are on sale during lunch and before and after school: $10/each or $15/couple. Ticket prices will be $15/each or $20/couple at the door. Guest Consent forms can be picked up in the front office and must be returned by Monday, October 7.
If you would like to volunteer to chaperone, please sign up here: Homecoming Dance
October 14, Columbus Day Holiday
Student and staff holiday in observance of Columbus Day.
October 15, Senior Pictures
Photo Texas Photography will be on campus Tuesday, October 15 to take senior pictures.
October 17. Breakfast with Grandparents
Calling all grandparents! You are cordially invited to enjoy a light breakfast with your grandchild, discover how your grandchild(ren) are being educated, and be given the opportunity to support your grandchild’s school mission to bring the oldest ideas to the youngest minds!
Please join us on Thursday, October 17 from 7:30am-8:30am at Founders Classical Academy in Building 3 Library. Please RSVP on this Evite.
October 17, Product Label Collection
Bring your Box Tops For Education, My Coke Rewards, and Tyson Project A+ labels and help your class win the trophy & a chance for a pizza party. Collection bins are in each grammar classroom & house classroom.
October 18, Lost & Found Clean Out
Lost & Found items not claimed by the end of the day will be donated to a local charity.
October 21, Parent Teacher Conferences
School will be closed on Monday, October 21 for Parent Teacher Conferences. These conferences are mandatory. Grammar teachers will provide a sign up list and Upper School teachers will be available throughout the day on a first come, first serve basis. Teachers will not be available from 11-12 for their lunch. Please watch for more information to come from your teachers.
If you would like to earn Archer Hours, please sign up to bring donations for the Teacher Appreciation lunch.
October 22, High School to College - An Overview of College Admissions
Parents and students, please join us for a presentation detailing the college admissions process - what you should be doing when, and suggestions for how to do it! Presented by Kendall Guess, owner and founder of Path to Admissions - an independent college counseling service. All grade levels are welcome, but the presentation is geared toward Sophomores and Juniors. You must click here to RSVP.
October 25, Pizza Friday
The Senior Events Committee will host this Pizza Friday to raise funds for the Class of 2019. Pizza will be sold during all lunch periods for $2/slice and drinks are $1.
October 25, Fall Festival & Clash of the Archers
Save the date for these fun-filled events to be held on Friday, October 25 starting at 5:30. Students will participate in our annual Trunk or Treat, an obstacle course, laser tag, inflatable sports center, sweets walk, temporary tattoos and more! Students are encouraged to wear costumes. Please no gruesome or scary costumes since we have small children at the event. Please try to car pool. There is limited space in the parking lot.
Tickets will go on sale beginning Tuesday, October 22. The cost is $10 for a wristband (for students 4 and up) that gets you into the whole festival with unlimited rounds of laser tag and the obstacle course. Wristbands are also your ticket into the Clash of the Archers. The Trunk or Treat is free to all grammar age students. Meal deals from Rudy's & Bush's chicken will be available for $6.
October 31, Crazy Socks Day
Students may wear crazy Halloween socks along with their regular school uniform.
Please direct questions to the Athletic Director, Nathan McClallen.
If you are interested in participating in any of our middle school or high school sports teams, please complete this survey:
For detailed information, please read this letter from our Athletic Director.
Before a student can participate in Founders Classical Academy’s after-school athletics program, the student must undergo a physical exam with a licensed physician, and his or her family must complete several sports participation forms. Physicals must be passed once every calendar year, whereas sports participation forms must be completed each school year.
If you are the parent of a student in 6th-12th grade who intends to compete in athletics, please schedule your student's physical during the summer. The required athletics forms are available to athletes through TeamSnap. The physical form is also available through Jupiter or click here to download a copy.
Home Games of the Week
Come out to support our Archers & Falcons during these home games!
- Thursday, 10/10 - MS Bows@ 5:00 and MS Arrows @ 6:00
- Friday, 10/11 - Homecoming Games
- JV Volleyball @ 5:00, Varsity Volleyball @ 6:00
- Falcons Varsity Football @ 7:30 - Wilco Park