Car Line & Parking
Working Together to Keep the Car Line Safe and Efficient
Students should begin arriving no earlier than 7:30am. Faculty, staff, and volunteers will be at the front of the campus in the morning to escort our younger students from their vehicles to the building. Other staff will be inside to supervise students on their way to class. At 8:00am our doors will be locked to ensure the security of students and staff.
When you arrive in the mornings and afternoons, please enter campus using the north driveway and follow the path marked with red arrows on the diagram below. Students in K-5th will be dropped off and picked up outside Buildings 1 and 2, and students in 6th-12th will be dropped off and picked up outside Building 3. (If you have students in Upper School and Grammar School, you will drop off and pick up all of your children outside Buildings 1 and 2, and the Upper School students will walk to and from Building 3.)
For instructions on how to enter and exit the car line, please see the diagram above. You may download the diagram in PDF here: Carline Procedures.
Please follow the instructions below as you drive through the carline.
- To help keep traffic on Leander Drive moving, please approach campus from the north.
- Please pull to the front of the line. There should be no gaps in the car line.
- Please drive slowly, especially along the new driveway. There will be many young students around and it is important for drivers to be watchful.
- Do not use your cell phone while in the car line. Students who use their cell phones while driving on campus may lose their driving privileges.
- K-5th parents, please arrive for afternoon pick up beginning at 3:15. K-5th students will be dismissed at 3:30.
- 6th-12th parents, please do not arrive before 3:30. If you do, you will block K-5th families from picking up their children. Students will be dismissed from Building 3 at 3:30.
- If you have students in K-5th and 6th-12th, please drop all of your children off outside Buildings 1 and 2. Please pick up all of your children outside Buildings 1 and 2. (The older students will walk over using the crosswalk.)
- K-5th parents, if you would like to park and pick up your child in person, please enter using the center driveway and use the crosswalk in front of Building 2. Please do not spend longer than 10 minutes in the K-5th lot. If you plan to spend more than 10 minutes on campus, please park next to the playground behind Building 2.
Instructions for Driving on Campus During School Hours
We have placed cones outside of the crosswalks by buildings 1 and 3 for the safety of our students. If you visit our campus during school hours please do not remove the cones to pull up to our buildings. You must use the open parking spaces in the parking lot and walk up to our offices. Cones will be moved at 3:10 pm for pick up.
Instructions for Grammar School Car Tags
Each K-5th grade family is provided with four copies of a color coded car tag for each student at the beginning of the school year. If you carpool, please give the extra car tag to the people you authorize to pick up your children and make sure that their names and contact information are included as carpool contacts in your Jupiter portal.
There will be a $5 replacement fee for lost car tags.
K-5th students will be dismissed from their classrooms by walkie talkie or iPad by school staff wearing yellow vests. 6th-12th grade students will stand on the sidewalk outside Building 3 and enter cars on their own. School staff will be present to open car doors and supervise the process.
K-5th parents, if you would like to pick up your child from the car line:
- Please display your family’s car tag on the right hand side of your car’s windshield when you arrive in the afternoons.
- When you arrive in the afternoons, school staff will call out the family numbers on walkie talkies or enter them on iPads and students will be dismissed from their classrooms.
- This is an excellent time for school staff to learn the names of our families, and we look forward to getting to know you well over the course of the school year!
K-5th parents, if you would like to park and pick up your child in person:
- Please use the center driveway to park in the lot marked “Walk-In Parking” on the diagram above.
- Please bring your car tag, and walk across the Building 2 crosswalk to meet your child at 3:30. He or she will be called out by school staff to meet you in person.
If you carpool, please make sure that these individuals are registered your emergency contact/carpool card in the main office. If you arrive to campus without a car tag in the afternoon, please park and check in at the Building 3 reception desk. School staff will arrange for your child to meet you once we have confirmed that you are authorized to pick the student up.
Parking Permits for Student Drivers
Being able to bring a vehicle on campus is a privilege. Students must meet and maintain certain criteria to receive a parking permit. FCA reserves the right to revoke parking privileges at any time if the student fails to comply with the requirements. A student must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 1.7
- Have met the minimum attendance for class credit (90 Percent Attendance Rule)
- Have no outstanding disciplinary issues
- Have no outstanding fees
Parking permit rentals must be renewed annually. The student must meet all the criteria each year before the parking permit will be approved. Students must provide a copy of currently active auto insurance along with the fee. Upon expiration, students must provide a copy of their active auto insurance. The request for a parking permit can be found in Jupiter.
Late Pick Up
All students must be picked up by 4:00 p.m. Students who are not picked up by this time will be assessed a fee at the rate of $1.00/minute. This late fee is payable to the front office on the next school day.